Sunday 8 February 2009

Persecution Coming?


I was recently disturbed by the commentary of one who worked in the field of the persecuted church. They spoke for twenty minutes on the works of the enemy; rape, imprisoment,torture and the like. I pressed for a testimony of what Jesus was doing.
Eventually I got something, but my gut said the balance was wrong.I was further alarmed when fear was further pressed in "Persecution is coming." Jesus warned and encouraged with both hands "You shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" John 17:33. Beware of those who instill a spirit of fear. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of Love, power and a sound mind" 2Tim 1:7.
Let us continue to encourage the saints in the work of the ministry.God has the victory. We are a victorious people. Let us walk in that knowledge.

No comments: