Saturday 16 May 2020

Jesus Our Key Worker


As I travel around my county of Cornwall I see many banners of acknowledement for the key workers and quite rightly so they are doing an amazing job in unusual circumstances. Christians understand there is one key worker we must not forget, Our Lord and Saviour. The writer of Hebrews instucts us all "He always lives interceding for us" Hebrews 7:25. Jesus is constantly at work, day and night, praying for His people. Two thousand years ago Jesus did a work unique to Him. His sacraficial death was the key for all those who are willing to come to Him and be reconciled to God. The current circumstances we find ourselves in will pass but Jesus remains praying for us. Further tests may come and go but let us hold tight to this key scripture for our daily peace..."I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" John 16:33.

No comments: